Contents

Thursday 23 July 2015

Andragogy (Adult Learning)




whilst researching the concepts around Andragogy and Pedagogy for module 2 for this course, I found this great little video. The two sets of characteristics are explained simply and clearly. This 'clicked' for me and helped me to pull together the bigger picture out of the jumble of ideas, theories and concepts I had been reading about (I think I was probably getting in too deep!).

However, in a effort to sensibly digress (is that possible?), I found a great document from Baker College about teaching different generations of learners; comparing characteristics of the Silent, Baby Boomer, Generation X, and the Millennial generation. I could recognise  people from each generation and related to my own. It was quite fascinating and well worth a read. Here is the link:
https://www.mcc.edu/pdf/pdo/teaching_across_gen.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment